Welcome to Ysgol Llangain
Gweithio a llwyddo gyda'n gilydd ..... Working and succeeding together
Thank you for visiting our website where you can access information about our school.
Llangain Community Primary School is located in the small village of Llangain, near the estuary of the River Tywi, some three miles from the market town of Carmarthen. The School draws pupils from a wide area, including the town of Carmarthen, as well as serving the local community.
The School is housed in a single storey open plan building, which includes two classrooms, a multi-purpose hall and kitchen. In addition, there is an Office/Staff Room, toilets, cloakrooms and storage facilities. The building is surrounded by extensive grassed play areas, together with a tarmacadammed area.
Our school’s principal aims and objectives are to:
- To develop good moral values and encourage respect and understanding towards different races, religions and other ways of living.
- To create a happy and homely atmosphere in which learning takes place within their community.
- To develop the skills and attitudes for lifelong learning.
- To encourage and develop self-discipline and encourage self-awareness and respect towards others.
- To give equal opportunity to boys and girls in each and every aspect of schoolwork and life.
- To offer a broad and balanced curriculum that is relevant to age, ability and background so that every pupil can reach his/her potential.
- To emphasise the need to understand and look after the environment and community.
- To teach through the medium of Welsh and English so that each pupil will have the chance to be bilingual by 11 years of age.
- To encourage the individual to become an active member of society.
- To ensure that the relationship between home, school and community is such that parents, staff and governors can work together in the interests of the pupils.
- To develop the pupils’ basic skills in literacy, numeracy, ICT and thinking skills.